Leading Little One’s to God, Bible reading, & Verse memorization.
- He seems to like the book & is talking about God like he’s understanding his relationship with Him. Also, he’s getting the memory verses so I’m impressed with their program. I think he got bored of hearing all the Bible stories; he likes to hear how it relates to his life.
Social Studies/Language Arts:
Sonlight Core B with grade 3 readers.
- He seems to really be liking using this program. I don’t think it has enough depth for him in the reading & comprehension, but I’m using the time to develop his narration skills & build his reading independence. It is a good program, but I am considering going back to Ambleside Online next year. I feel like I’ve got a better understanding of it now, & for some reason I just like them better.
CLE Math 200.
- He is gaining a lot of confidence in his math abilities, & I have really liked their program.
CLE Science 200.
- He is doing well with this one too. I really like that the lessons are short.
Rod & Staff English 3.
- He already knows most of this, so I have to figure out how to skip ahead. I don’t want to bore him. Otherwise I’ve been very happy with this program too. They do require a lot of writing which LB hates. To get around this I have him dictate to me & I write.
A Reason for Handwriting T.
- He is doing much better with this one than he did with Handwriting Without Tears.
And of course P.E., practical life skills, & character development.
I can’t help but have high hopes that we can finish Pilgrim’s Progress, Our Island Story, & continue Plutarch. I’m okay with whatever we are able to accomplish this year. Praise the Lord for all He is teaching us!